ThinkCERCA is an education technology platform that helps educators teach critical thinking through argumentative writing. Named a "game-changing" education tool by Bill Gates, our product is proven to help students achieve two years of academic growth per year. We're on a mission to make these results a reality for all students across the country as we are also developing global partnerships.
The Chief Revenue Officer is a critical role at ThinkCERCA. It is an opportunity for a sales leader to scale a fast-growth tech company in building a profitable business that is solving real and global problems. We believe strongly that creating a sustainable growth model is the most effective way for our team to make a world-class education accessible to all.
As our first dedicated Chief Revenue Officer, you will be responsible for setting our overall sales and revenue strategy while working closely with the rest of management team to ensure that we achieve our goals by aligning strategy. You will be part of the senior leadership team, core to our strategic thinking and scaling plan. You will be leading our Sales and Success teams in acquiring, supporting, renewing, and expanding school and district partnerships.
- Recruiting, leading, developing, and retaining a world class sales team
- Determining sales strategies and tactics. Iterating in response to the market actuals as our team strives to sell product to the most ready and valuable segments of the market
- Collaborating with the marketing department to ensure activities are revisited and refined consistently to generate the highest ROI
- Ensuring that subscription and services prices reflect perceived market value to the extent that they generate the highest return overall
- Working with strategic partners to ensure that channels of distribution are consistently evaluated and refined to identify and develop channels that are most efficient and profitable
- Communicate the revenue strategy company-wide, with a special focus on marketing and sales efforts, to ensure all teams are aligned in strategy and execution
- Hold teams accountable by exhibiting fluency in data and tying performance to established metrics that determine sales and marketing success.
- Coordinating the marketing and sales teams, bridging the gap between the two functionalities, ensuring they serve their unique purpose while coordinating with each other to ensure the company realizes a full revenue cycle.
- Focus on both short and long term results, building a process that efficiently sells, supports and expands the footprint and user base within a school and across the school district
- Work with leaders of other functional areas (finance, engineering, product,...) to align deliverables and services that are needed to meet customers needs
- Position reports to CEO and will have direct BoD interactions from time to time reporting on KPI’s and other sales initiatives.
- 20-40% travel
- Build and manage account based marketing and technical tools to manage the sales process
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum eight years experience in hands on sales management experience in high growth B2B software/SaaS is strongly preferred
- Minimum of ten years experience in sales operations, business planning, or sales support management
- Demonstrable success in sales strategy planning and execution
- Experience in hiring, measuring, mentoring, training and managing high performance sales organizations
- Experience leveraging latest salesforce management tools (Salesforce, InsightSquared, etc.)
- Experience in segmenting market to leverage current assets for greatest value now.
- Self-Starter - ability to execute and implement change
- Critical Thinking: strategic and highly analytical
- Goal Oriented – naturally motivated to reach goals
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – an innate ability to channel different points of view; Able to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly; Create team atmosphere with internal staff while achieving key objectives
- Maturity – provide a good balance of risk taking and judgment; Able to operate independently of a large staff
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character; Who has demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior
- Eager to work at a growth company that's having an impact in schools throughout the world